Saturday, November 3, 2012

Chula Vista

It only took about an hour and a half to drive from Rancho California to Chula Vista RV. We were welcomed back by staff and workers. It felt good! One worker even remember my name and gave me a hug.
This feels like "home", familiar, warm and friendly. To our surprise we were booked into the same wonderful site where we've spent our four months of previous times. Hurray for us! This particular park never guarentees a site. The sites are filled depending on length of stay, reservation date, etc.
We pulled into #42 and quickly noticed the large hedge that separate sites #41 and 42 had been replaced with a row of 10 infant shrubs. Since we pull in forward and the people next door backed in, we tend to share the area without the hedge.
I met these neighbors, as usual, very nice people. They have a home just north of San Francisco, in Marin County. He is not well. They came here for the warmer weather. He just turned 65 years old, but because of his health problems he looks like he is mid to late 70's. His wife share with me that he worked for George Lucas and through that association made a very, very good income. That brought me to my big Ah-ha for the day. These people have the funds to do whatever they want, but are hampered by health. We don't have much, but we do have our health...at least so far. I wonder how many people take their health for granted. It remains such a gift.
The lady next door mentioned that full timing makes her miss friends. I couldn't agree. We had such great times with friends this summer. Then with our friends Nancy and Paul the last few days at Aguanga. While we were talking one of my friends from here drove by and stopped. She jumped out of the car and we had a welcome back hug. We also have a lunch date with our CV friends for next week. With technology today the computer, smart phone, texting and blogs, friends feel close.
After setting up, Derrille went to the store for new water filters. We definitely needed new one. I put out my Mexican pots, hanging baskets, banners and other decorator things. Feels like home. Then we took me to Supercuts! I was several days past due for a haircut and boy it made me feel soooo much better. From there we drove to Walgreens and ordered my Rx refills. On the way to dinner we stopped by Best Buy and Verizon to recycle batteries, ink cartridges and old phone equipment. We ended the day by dining at Filippis Italian Restaurant.
We started day two with Derrille walking the Chula Vista 4 mile route. I excitedly headed for the pool. Since I haven't done laps since June 1st I swam slowly and stayed for 35 minutes. Derrille called for a dental cleaning appointment and got in today. He will return for some filling work later. I spent time visiting another of my friends in the park.
Here is a sailboat that passed by today. Wind surfers sped in and out of our view and navigated around the kite surfers.
The sun sets above Coronado and the "silver strand". This is an old photo, but similar to tonight. Before the evening winds come to cool down the area, we need to cook. Jason has come to visit this Saturday afternoon. One of the many blessings we have in the San Diego/Chula Vista area. I just read a blog of another friend. She was reflecting on things in her life for which she is thankful. Are thankful thoughts entering our consciousness because Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away? Or could it be the photos and news reports that we see of the East Coast devastation? Millions of people without food, water, power and in many cases without a home....makes us reflect on the everyday riches we possess. We here are the west coast have so many things for which we can be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment